Make-up is and kinda always has been an important part of my life. I know it’s not something we gals particularly need but it is something that I enjoy and brings me happiness everyday. That makes it pretty significant right?! So, I decided that maybe I would share my simplest version of my daily face paint sesh. I, along with most of you make-up lovers, go through phases with my make-up… Marilyn inspired if I’ve watched an old school movie, minimalist and dewy if I’m feeling al-a-natural, and sometimes I just have random creative days (some hits and some, serious misses). That’s what I love so much about make-up though! You can explore your inner artsy Picasso side whilst also showing off your feelings or how you wish to be perceived. Whilst I am a bit of a floater, chopping and changing all the time I do have a few things that I do which I hardly ever veer from; porcelain coverage, brows, eyelashes, blush and lipstick. These are the Rachelle essentials! Anything else and I probably had a little bit of extra time that morning.. or I ran late.
So lets get to it! This usually takes me roughly 15-20 minutes from start to finish 🙂
- I like to always start by priming my face. I have had that Napolean Perdis slogan “not to prime, is a crime” stuck in my head ever since I first heard it and it kindly reminds me when I run out of primer that I am doing my face a disservice. Haven’t quite found the primer of my dreams yet though, so if anyone has one they would recommend for normal skin then please share! Today I just used a simple one from Rimmel
- I then go on to apply my foundation. This changes depending on a few things; the weather, my tan (or lack thereof) and if I want to be completely flawless or more natural. Most of the time when I am working I prefer more medium coverage but for my relaxed days where I get a massage or I haven’t got much work, just practice then I go for a cc cushion (I love the IOPE CC Cushion!). Today I’m going for a mix of Estee Lauder Double wear in Ecru and Marc Jacobs Genius Gel in Ivory Light. The reason I am mixing the two is because I am not light enough for the Ivory Light at the moment but the Double Wear is slightly too dark. Easy fixed, mix them together! Sounds like something Goldilocks should have thought of am I right? More porridge = happiness, anyway I digress.. I apply the mixture to my face with a MAC foundation brush working from the centre of my face outwards and once I have smoothed it to my liking I tap in with my fingers.
- I next go in with Becca under eye corrector to start brightening up those mighty dark circles. I apply with a small concealer brush in a small triangle under my eye and then go back in with my ring finger making sure it has all blended in nice and smoothly
- Next up, concealer! Time to say goodbye to tired-ness and hello to some brighter more awake eyes! I’m still using my little testers from Sephora of the Bye, Bye under eye from It cosmetics and I can really feel a sole blog post being dedicated to this stuff coming up very soon. It is pure concealer heaven for those of us who want max coverage but dewy, creamy texture. I just go straight in with my ring finger and dot it on where I need it and then lightly press it under my eyes and taking any excess onto my eyelids
- To set my concealer I brush on a small amount of Laura Mercier loose powder with a small fluffy brush. Depending on whether I want to set my whole face I may grab a bigger fluffy brush and lightly tap the powder all over my t-zone 🙂
- Then I move onto my brows. Hoping that they are co-operating with me that day I comb them through with a small toothbrush I got whilst travelling and then fill them in with my angle brush. Once I’ve outlined and filled them in I go over with a little bit of the Brow this way brow gel from Rimmel. If you want to know a bit more about my brows then please click here
- Brows done I then ponder whether I can be bothered with eyeshadow that day. If it’s truly just the basic essentials that I’m feeling (like today) then I skip eyeshadow and head straight for liner. Most days I do powder liner using a small angle brush and pick any dark coloured eyeshadow I have kicking around. Today I used my Naked 3 palette, opting for the colour Blackheart. I only do half a cat eye taking the brush from the centre of my eyelashes outward in a straight line and then fill in from the corner of my eye to that line to form a small triangle
- Then I hit my lashes with a couple of coats of mascara. Today I used a mascara I bought in Japan as they have great products for lashes! This mascara is by the brand Dolly Wink and its fabbo. I do a double coat on both top and bottom lashes
- I then take a white pencil, today I’m using one from MaxFactor and line my bottom water line. I do this most days and feel it gives my eyes a bigger more open look which I love because my eyes are on the smaller side 🙂
- I love pinky or peachy, powder puff type blushes and the brand Canmake (another Japanese brand sorry guys!) makes the most gorgeous colour palettes. I have a couple and generally switch between the two, one being very pink, the other quite peach. Today I’m going for pink and applying with the little brush they supply with the blush. If your interested in some Canmake products then please click here!
- I generally always finish with my lips and never seem to be satisfied with just a plain old gloss. I ALWAYS rock lipstick. Safe to say that it’s my fave make-up product. Most days I will go with something neutral, like a nude or a pink. Today I lined my lips in NYX Nude Pink, then applied NYX Naturel over the top and then finished with MAC Arrowhead to give a bit of paleness and dimension to the flat colour. Arrowhead has quickly become my favourite lipstick to apply on top of other lipsticks as I’m a sucker for a darker outline around a lip with a lighter centre and this nude colour is so opaque it just blends with any colour and gives a beautiful matte finish. Big fan!
Then to combine everything together I give my face a couple of spritzes of the Caudalie Beauty Elixir. It smells oh so fresh, sets my make-up in place and gives an immediate burst of radiance to my finished face. I bought the small tester of this product as I had heard great things and will definitely be going back for the big boy version as soon as this one runs out! Head on over to Sephora to buy this product.
So there you have it! My quick and easy daily makeup routine 🙂 If you have any questions about the products or want some more information feel free to hit up my comments box below!
Love, Rachelle xx